Veggie Bean Burger Recipe
We love a good burger and this veggie recipe is one not to miss out on! Made with kidney beans, nuts and veggies, this burger packs more fibre, vitamins and nutrients than your average meat burger and it still tastes amazing! Plus it costs less than a £1 per serving! Eating well for less couldn't be better. Watch the video below to see how to make this recipe at home and give it a try
You can store these in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to one month so you can make a batch of these in advance too.
Price Per Portion: 88p
- 20 Sprays of low calorie spray
- 1 white onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained
- 200g cooked brown rice
- 50g chopped cashew nuts
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- 4 Brioche Buns
- Finely chop the onion and garlic, dice pepper and grate the carrot
- Spray frying pan with oil.
- Add onion, garlic, dried herbs, oregano, red pepper and tomato puree
- Stir fry for 3 minutes
- Chop beans and rice in a blender.
- Add onion mix, carrot, flaxseed and nuts. Blend briefly.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Chill the mix in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Dust work surface with almond flour
- Make 4 burger shapes. Place on a baking sheet and chill
- Spray oil in frying pan, on a high heat
- Fry burgers until brown, approximately 10 minutes.
Why not try out vegan pizza recipe? Click here to get the recipe.