We’ve made some important changes
We’ve updated our Gym rules as part of our commitment towards keeping you, our staff and our self-employed PTs safe while in the gym. Please ensure you read the full gym rules below, for full details on all the measures we are taking please visit our TrainSafe page
Member Rules on Safety & Hygiene in the gym
By visiting PureGym you are agreeing to the following rules
Remain aware of the most up to date guidance set out under the TrainSafe programme. Failure to follow these may result in a temporary or permanent ban from PureGym
Not visit the gym if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 or live with anyone showing symptoms or who has the virus
- Follow the social distancing guidelines at all times while in the gym
Wash or sanitise your hands thoroughly on entering the gym and regularly while in the gym
Wipe down kit once you have used it with the cleaning products provided. Cleaning stations and wipes are available in the gym for you to use
Members in Scotland and Northern Ireland should not bring towels onto the gym floor, please use the wipes available instead. We would encourage members from England and Wales to use their towels on the gym floor, but please do not leave these on equipment
Not drink directly from the water fountain, this is to fill water bottles only
- In Scotland Only: Wear a face covering - these must be worn in communal areas, such as the entrance or corridors. You can remove your face covering while exercising
Failure to comply may result in you being asked to leave the gym.
General Gym Rules
- Use your own PIN number every time you visit PureGym. As it’s personal to you, please don’t let anyone else use it or we’ll have to change it. We monitor PIN usage by CCTV 24/7 to ensure the safety of our members and misuse may result in us applying additional charges to your membership fees. For full details of our Pin Abuse Policy please refer to your Membership Terms and Conditions.
- On joining all members are offered a comprehensive induction to instruct you on the use of the gym equipment. You are strongly advised to undertake this. Pure Gym Limited will not accept any liability for any claim for personal injury if you use the gym equipment having not undertaken an induction from a qualified member of Pure Gym staff.
- Induction bookings can be made via the members area on the Pure Gym website.
- If you are unsure as to how to use any piece of equipment you must seek advice from a qualified member of Pure Gym staff before use such equipment.
- For safety reasons, bags are not permitted onto the gym floor and correct attire must be worn when exercising i.e. suitable comfortable exercise clothing and appropriate footwear. Clothing such as jeans, boots, flip-flops/sandals or work wear are not permitted. Football tops may also not be deemed appropriate in the gym. Any member not wearing suitable attire may be asked to leave the gym.
You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely. Pure Gym reserves the right to remove you from the premises if it reasonable believes you are unfit to use the facilities.
- Members in Scotland and Northern Ireland should not bring towels onto the gym floor, please use the wipes available instead. We would encourage members from England and Wales to use their towels on the gym floor, but please do not leave these on equipment
- Can you ensure that you put your weights back in their original place when finished, failure to do so may result in your membership being terminated.
- Please do not misuse the weights by dropping them on the floor, failure to do so may result in your membership being terminated.
- Please do not take photographs/videos on the premises or post remarks to the internet that may identify another member.
- You must not behave in an aggressive, abusive, anti-social or threatening manner to any staff or member, any one doing so will have their membership terminated immediately and Pure Gym reserves the right to contact the Police if deemed necessary.
- Only Pure Gym licensed personal trainers are permitted to train members in the Gym unless granted express permission in writing from PureGym Central support. Anyone else undertaking members’ training will be asked to leave the gym immediately.
- Members are solely responsible for their own belongings whilst visiting Pure Gym. Pure Gym accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property.
- Members are asked to only use the lockers for the duration of their training session. Lockers will be emptied at night and members items removed to lost property. Padlocks may be broken to gain access and will not be replaced by Pure Gym.
- Although we will always endeavour to return any articles of lost property to the owner, we do not take responsibility for any item held in lost property. Such items will be kept until claimed, but for no longer than one week after which time the items will either be donated to charity or destroyed. In Scotland, and to Comply with the Civic Government of Scotland Act, valuable items of lost property will be passed to the local Police Station at the earliest convenience and all other items of lost property will be taken to the Regional Custodiers Department in bulk.
- The Changing Rooms will not be available for use between the hours of 12 Midnight and 3 a.m. However, the Disabled Toilet and Shower Facility will be open 24/7.
- Members must inform Pure Gym Limited of any change of contact and email address or telephone numbers. These changes can be made in the Members area of the Pure Gym website.
By accessing the gym and using the gym equipment members are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of membership.
- Should your Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire result in you being required to discuss your intention to exercise with your doctor, please be aware that your subscription remains active and any fees collected are non-refundable.
- Smoking, including e- cigarettes are strictly prohibited in all areas of the gym. Any member found to be breach of this rule may have their membership terminated.
- Members may not bring any pets (other than official aid dogs) into the gym.
Class booking rules
- Members must arrive promptly for class start times, late arrival may result in being refused entry to the class.
- Members are recommended to book in advance to ensure that a class has space for them.
- Members can book online from 8 days in advance.
- PureGym operates with a “three strikes” non-attendance rule, whereby three no-shows within a 28 day rolling period will result in an 8 day booking ban. Any future classes you have booked will also be cancelled. You must cancel your class at least 4 hours before it starts or this will be recorded as a no show.
- Our classes get full. If a member is unable to attend, they should cancel in advance of the class to avoid receiving a strike. If a class is full a member can book onto a waiting list. An app notification will be sent confirming the members place on the waiting list.
- Members with extenuating circumstances impacting their ability to attend classes should contact Member Services.
Last updated: 23/06/2021