Your Safety and Security
Keeping you safe when you’re inside our gyms, night and day.
With 24/7 CCTV and emergency help points located throughout our gyms, there’s always help at hand should you ever need it. We have automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and first aid kits in all of our gyms for emergency assistance. (An AED is a portable electronic device that automatically diagnoses and treats life-threatening heart emergencies.). Most gyms provide disabled access and inductions that introduce you to your new gym so you can use it safely and confidently. You'll find some key features below:
Secure pin entry with our pods
To make sure that you're safe inside our gyms, night and day, every member is given a unique PIN number that needs to be used to gain access through our entry pods each time they visit (or use contactless entry via our app!), so we know who is in our gyms at all times. Our pods are big, but they aren't scary, we promise!
To ensure your safety, we have CCTV cameras throughout our gyms and our 24/7 CCTV team can monitor a specific gym and talk to members using the tannoy if needed, so you can have peace of mind working out around the clock. Suspected PIN abuse is automatically monitored by CCTV.
Emergency help points with 2-way comms
Red emergency help points are located throughout our gyms with 2-way communication so that you can speak to someone in our CCTV team to ask for emergency assistance. We hope you'll never need to use it, but it's good to know help is always at hand if you need it.
Disability access including lifts and ramps
Most gyms provide disability access including, lifts, ramps, toilets, and changing rooms. If you're a new member that selects the option for disabled access, you'll be contacted by your Gym Manager to arrange a meeting in the gym to discuss your needs, complete a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) and guide you through using the facilities, so you can feel comfortable and safe in your new gym.
First Aid Kit
We provide essential access to First Aid kits across all our gyms. All staff and personal trainers are first aid qualified so they can help in a first aid emergency inside our gyms.
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
We're proud to have automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in all our gyms, providing emergency life-saving support for our members and the local communities they serve. These are installed in a prominent and central location in each gym, often near our entry pods, and deliver full spoken instructions to guide someone through how to use them in an emergency.
In addition, we have further safety measures in place, including:
- Staff trained to deal with emergencies
- Proactive maintenance of facilities, equipment and assets
- Safe equipment layout ensuring access and mobility around the gym
- 100% fresh air ventilation
- Correct temperature & humidity in gyms
- Music volume set to correct levels
- Free water fountains around the gym to keep members and staff hydrated
- General & fire risk assessments in place to ensure the safety of all people in our gyms
- Safety records and incidents benchmarked against other industries & peers to constantly improve
- Regular night audits and safety audits to identify and implement improvements
- Unauthorised access into the gyms through PIN sharing or double podding addressed
- Work with contractors (such as cleaners) to make their workplace safer