Sticky Sesame Chicken Recipe
This Asian-inspired takeout alternative is sweet, sticky and a little bit spicy –and tastes as good as it looks. It’s quick and easy to make, taking less than 15 minutes from fridge to plate and only costs £1.25 per portion.
Make our Sticky Sesame Chicken recipe as a quick weeknight dinner, a healthy Friday fake-away or even pack it up for meal prep and take it as a high protein lunch. It’s versatile, and sure to be a winner, whatever the occasion.
The best bit? We want to show that you don’t have to compromise on flavour to stay on track. Our sticky sesame chicken is 472 kcals per portion, with 39g protein and only 12g fat!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 200g chicken breast, diced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp low sugar sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g cooked jasmine rice
- Combine soy sauce, honey, sweet chilli, ginger, garlic and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add chicken breast and cover with cornflour evenly.
- In a deep pan add sesame oil and fry the chicken on both sides until nearly cooked through.
- Add the sauce and leave to simmer for 4 - 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and become sticky.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked through, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cooked jasmine rice, steamed greens and sliced spring onions.