Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Burgers with Homemade Coleslaw Recipe
Looking for a healthier take on the classic American BBQ dish, pulled pork?
These melt-in-your-mouth slow cooker pulled pork burgers are a packed with 32g of protein per serving and only 3g of saturated fat, making them a macro-friendly dish you’ll come back to time and time again.
Loaded with juicy, smoky BBQ smothered pork and topped with homemade coleslaw, our pulled pork burgers are the perfect blend of taste and texture. And despite being restaurant quality, they are a cheap meal to make, coming in at less than £1.20 per portion as part of our low-cost Feed 4 for Under £5 series.
Not a fan of spending ages in the kitchen? This BBQ pulled pork burger recipe is super easy and quick to make – there' s only 15 minutes of prep needed, before the slow cooker does the rest.
Our recipe serves four, making it the perfect protein-packed healthy recipe to feed all the family or to serve friends for dinner.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 6-8 hours
For the pulled pork you will need:
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1½ tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 pork loin steaks
For the coleslaw you will need:
- ½ white cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 15g coriander, chopped
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 25g light mayonnaise
- 25g 0% fat yoghurt
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 soft wholemeal bread rolls
- 2 gherkins, sliced
- Put sliced onion into the bottom of the slow cooker and top with the pork steaks.
- Next make the marinade: Whisk together the spices, garlic, salt, mustard, vinegar, tomato puree and sugar in a jug and pour over the steaks.
- Slow cook for 6-8 hours on a low heat until the pork is tender and ready to shred.
- Whilst the pork is cooking, prep the coleslaw by mixing all of the ingredients then fridging until ready to serve.
- Once the pork is cooked, remove from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Drizzle over some of the cooking juices and mix well.
- Stack the pulled pork onto a wholemeal bread roll and top with the delicious homemade coleslaw and sliced gherkins.