Sausage and Pepper Kebabs
Looking for a healthy dinner recipe to make the most of the last bits of sun this summer? This tasty kebab recipe will have you dreaming of BBQ season and get your mouth watering this week.
Our Sausage and Pepper Kebabs are paired with Cajun spiced sweet potato wedges that are crispy on the outside and smooth and sweet on the inside. We roast the sweet potato wedges rather than frying to cut down on calories without compromising on taste.
At only £1.25 per portion, these kebabs are a cheap and healthy meal you should definitely include in your meal plan this week! They’re easy to put together and make the perfect packable lunch for the next day if you double up on portions.
Wanting a lighter option? Switch out the caramelised onion sausages for a reduced fat alternative or even try chicken sausage skewers instead. Prefer a low carb dinner option? Make a smaller portion of sweet potato wedges and add an extra skewer.
We hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 2 caramelised onion sausages
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp Cajun spices
- 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g rocket
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the sweet potato wedges:
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Slice sweet potato into wedges and pop them into a bowl with cornflour, olive oil, Cajun spices and a pinch of salt and mix until evenly coated.
- Place wedges onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 30 - 40 minutes until crispy giving them a shake halfway through.
For the sausage and pepper kebabs:
- Whilst the wedges are cooking start making the kebabs. Cut sausages, pepper, and onion into similar size chunks.
- Thread alternatively onto skewers and place onto a baking tray, and pop into the oven for 20 - 25 mins, turning halfway.
- Plate the kebabs and sweet potato wedges up with a rocket salad and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
We post new recipes every week onto our blog, so make sure to check back next week for another healthy, wholesome and nutritionist approved recipe to help you stay on track with your goals.