One Pan Steak and Vegetable Meal Prep
If you’re looking for a high protein, low calorie recipe for your lunch or dinner, look no further than our one pan steak and vegetable recipe. Juicy rump steak served with crispy sweet potato wedges and garlic spiced peppers, tomatoes and asparagus, cooked in one pan for less washing up! Rump is a lean cut of steak, with less fat than other cuts while retaining plenty of protein, and lots of flavour – making it delicious as a healthy meal prep option or post workout meal.
Meal prepping makes it easier to reach your nutritional goals and make healthy choices while on-the-go. Preparing your meals in advance can also save time (and money) and is especially helpful when you have a few busy days coming up! Our steak and vegetable meal prep recipe has all of that in mind - it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes in the oven to cook and then seconds to serve up into tupperware ready for the week.
At only 292 calories and with 7g of fat, this is recipe is also perfect if you’re trying to lose weight and looking for a lower calorie lunch option. It’s also packed with 25g of protein which helps to keep you fuller, for longer, and assists with muscle repair, which is crucial for any gym goers.
If you’re bulking and need more calories – don’t worry, we’ve got you. You can double up on the carbs and add more sweet potato to your traybake, or alternatively, double up on the portion size and get double the protein power too.
One of the best bits about trying one pan meal prep is that everything can be cooked on the same tray, leaving you with tasty meals ready to tupperware up and hardly any washing up. We think that’s a win, win!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 x 200g rump steaks
- 400g sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 80g cherry tomatoes
- 120g asparagus tips
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- ½ tbsp garlic granules
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Place sweet potatoes in a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper before placing into the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Add asparagus, peppers, and cherry tomatoes in a single layer into the tray with your sweet potato wedges. Season with a drizzle of olive oil and garlic granules, before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Season your steaks to taste with salt and pepper on both sides, before laying them on top of prepared vegetables.
- Place back into the oven for 12-15 minutes turning the steaks halfway through.
- Serve for a tasty steak dinner, or tupperware up for meal prep.
Looking for more meal prep inspiration? Why not add our mini chicken satay skewers or coconut curry noodle meal prep to your meal planner.