Toffee Apple Cinnamon Rolls
If your favourite part of spooky season is the treats, you’re not alone! Halloween and bonfire night come with some of our favourite foods, from bite size candy to crispy toffee apples.
We’ve combined that toffee apple flavour with a bakery classic to create toffee apple cinnamon rolls, the perfect autumn snack, dessert, or even part of a balanced brunch.
With a light, fluffy dough, plenty of cinnamon, and a sweet and gooey filling, these rolls are certain to be a real crowd pleaser – but we won’t judge if you don’t want to share.
You’ll need to set some time aside to make our cinnamon rolls, but once they’re all prepped, they take just 30 minutes to bake away in the oven. With 25.5g of sugar these treats are best enjoyed as part of a balanced diet, however we use light butter, light brown sugar, and sugar free caramel syrup to cut down on the calorie content without scrimping on flavour!
Our mouth-watering toffee apple cinnamon rolls recipe makes twelve rolls so there’s plenty to share around or save for another day – why not freeze and then warm up with some ice cream?
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 30 mins
- 600g strong white bread flour
- 14g dried active yeast
- 75g caster sugar
- 60g light unsalted butter
- 275ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 medium apples
- 1 tsp light butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 60g light butter, softened
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 60g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp sugar free caramel syrup
1. Add the flour, yeast and sugar to a bowl and mix them together.
- Add the butter and rub through the dry ingredients to make a breadcrumb texture.
- Warm the milk and pour it into the bowl along with the vanilla and egg.
- Knead by hand or by using a dough hook for 8-10 minutes until the dough comes together and is springy.
- Spray a mixing bowl with low calorie oil spray to stop the dough from sticking and cover it with cling film or a tea towel. Leave the dough to rise for 1-2 hours or until it’s doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Line a rectangle baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel the apples and chop the into small cubes.
- Add the apples, butter, and sugar to a pan with a dash of water and cook until they are soft and sticky. Leave to cool.
- Dust the surface and roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
- Mix together the ingredients for the cinnamon butter and then spread it evenly across the dough.
- Top the dough with the cooled apple filling.
- Roll tightly into a log from the long end and then cut the dough into 12 evenly sized pieces.
- Place the cinnamon rolls onto a greased baking dish so that they are touching each other.
- Place them into the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen.
- Leave the dough to cool whilst making the glaze.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the glaze and generously pour it over the rolls.
- Drizzle over any extra sugar free caramel syrup.