Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Autumn is here, and we’re ready for pumpkin spice and all things nice. This Halloween, get in the spooky spirit with our tasty Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
At just 129 calories per muffin, these fluffy bakes are loaded with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg for a warmed spiced flavour. Topped with sweet icing sugar and toasted pumpkin seeds for a delicious autumnal treat.
Plus, there’s no tricks here! Our muffins are low in saturated fat with only 1.3g per serving, making them a healthier alternative to other cakey favourites and Halloween candies!
Quick and simple to prepare, you can whip up 12 tasty Pumpkin Spice muffins in only 15 minutes of prep time. They’re the perfect grab-and-go snack to satisfy your sweet tooth, but the question is, do you dare to share?
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Suitable for freezing: Yes
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground all spice
- 170g pumpkin puree
- 85g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 145g 0% Greek yogurt
- 1tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 40g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 40g pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients and whisk until they’re well combined.
4. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold them in gently using a spatula to create a smooth consistency.
5. Place muffin cases into the muffin tin and then divide mixture evenly into them.
6. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes until they’re golden and cooked through.
7. Leave the muffins to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack for a further 10 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, mix together the icing sugar and water to drizzle over the muffins.
9. Once the muffins have cooled, add the finishing touches by decorating with the icing sugar and sprinkling over toasted pumpkin seeds.
Top Tip: Got leftover muffins? Once they are baked you can either store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.