Cocoa & Almond Butter Energy Balls
The perfect healthy treat which requires no cooking, is cheap to make (19p per ball!) , and can be stored for up to a week. It's so moreish, you'll be glad to know that this recipes makes 14 balls after you've had your first bite! No cooking is required making it super simple to make.
The recipe has a good combination of healthy fats from the almond and flax seed, protein from the protein powder, and carbohydrates from the oats, along with fibre, added minerals and vitamins in the ingredients, making it a great pick me up in the morning or afternoon.
Makes 14 Energy Balls
Price Per Portion: 19p
- 1cup dates (175g)
- 4 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/4cup dark chocolate (40g)
- 1tbsp flax seed
- 2/3cup oats (60g)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Pulse dates in food processor until they are chopped down into small pieces.
- Add protein powder, almond butter, chocolate, flax seeds and oats to the processor. Pulse the mixture until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto a clean surface and use your hands to shape into small balls (30g per ball). The mixture should make approximately 14 energy balls.
- Place the energy balls in the fridge for 15 mins to set and then enjoy!
Top Tip: You can store them in the fridge for up to one week, or place into the freezer for up to one month. Take them out the night before you want to eat them, or enjoy them slightly frozen with a bite to them.
For more healthy treat recipes to try, check out our Recipe section.