Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins Recipe
These delicious egg muffins make for the perfect snack, lunch, or breakfast! They’re vegetarian friendly and ideal for meal prep so you can make them in readiness for those hectic days when you need a quick grab and go bite!
We’ve packed our muffins with tender broccoli, juicy tomatoes, nutty cheddar, and zingy spring onions for a nutritious combination that is both fuelling and scrumptious!
Eggs are a popular breakfast choice, and for good reason! Delicious, versatile and a good source of healthy fats and nutrients, eggs make for a wholesome start to any day.
The eggs, broccoli and cheddar are all protein rich and provide each muffin with 14g of protein, so it’s an ideal post workout snack! They’re also low in calories at 142 per muffin, and high in fibre to aid digestion and keep you feeling full!
Our egg muffins are packed with tasty ingredients, but if you’re feeling creative why not add some of your own favourites, such as ham, mushrooms, or peppers?!
This recipe is super quick and easy to whip up, taking just 10 minutes to prep before you can leave the muffins to do their thing in the oven for 20 minutes! Plus, they’ll cost just 47p per portion, with this recipe making 6 muffins, so you can share them round or save some for later!
Serves: 4 (6 muffins)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Low calorie oil spray
- 50g broccoli, finely chopped
- 6 baby plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 spring onions, sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 40g light cheddar, grated
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 200c.
- Next, spray a muffin tin with low calorie oil spray to prevent the muffins sticking, or alternatively you can use muffin cases.
- In each muffin tin add the broccoli, tomatoes, and spring onions equally.
- Now, pour over the beaten egg then sprinkle with the cheddar and chilli flakes before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place the muffin tin into the oven for 15-18 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Once, you've removed the egg muffins from the tin, leave them to cool.
Top tip: Store in an airtight container for 5 days for an easy breakfast on the go.